Friday, October 28, 2011

# 44 shuteye !!

forty winks (not thirty or fifty but forty)..... nod off..... snooze.... power nap

however one calls it, a few precious minutes of sleep without the comfort of a bed is enough to perk up  a tired body.  who does not want a good night's sleep? big fluffy pillows, cushy, squashy bed, smooth (drooly) sheets!!  when all that spells comfort is momentarily a remote idea, a boat bench, a pool corner, an airport couch or a bus seat will do.  a church pew is not too bad for some.  of course, the classroom chair is an all-time favorite.  its movie house counterpart is a close second. there are people who manage to doze off while on their feet. what a feat !!   

on a dolphin-sighting adventure, tete grabs a few z's while waiting for the dolphins to make their appearance.

wawa thinks it better to take a nap with a life vest on.  the bobbing of the small boat lulls her to sleep in no time.

it is most harmful to take a dip in the pool between 10am and 4pm. gugud's daddy found a good solution for that - a shaded area of the pool away from the sun's ultraviolet rays.  away from the crowd, too.  water bed, anyone?

anything, anywhere, any which way for a shuteye.  isn't that awesome?

2 comments:

  1. I do like to sleep I admit that but I would have to say I am a more traditional sleeper :) Need a bed and the 9:00 hour and I'm good to go! I'll have to try this other way sometime. Will you take me to see the dolphins? Forget the pool, I might fall asleep and sink below the water line and risk swallowing all the water as I grasp for air underneath as I wake up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I though 10am said 1 oam
    I like dolphins.

    ReplyDelete